Rare disease patients say their biggest concern about exploring a specific gene medicine is being able to make an informed decision about their care. Cell and gene medicine science has moved at an unprecedented pace in the past few years, and researchers have worked tirelessly to harness new tools and technologies for human therapeutic use.
To help make you a better informed patient, advocate, or supporter, we are providing you with a variety of both in-depth and overarching resources to help you better understand Cell & Gene Medicine and educate your patient communities. For more resources, check out the Healing Genes resources from the ARM Foundation for Cell & Gene Medicine.
Educate Your Community on Cell & Gene Medicine- ARM Foundation for Cell & Gene Medicine
- ARM Foundation for Cell & Gene Medicine: How to Educate Your Community on Cell & Gene Medicine
- ARM Foundation for Cell & Gene Medicine: Educational Slides for your Communities on Understanding Cell & Gene Medicine
- ARM Foundation for Cell & Gene Medicine: Healing Genes Patient Organization Toolkit
- Learn the Basics of Cell & Gene Medicine with Jennifer Braswell, Consultant and Senior Advisor at ARM Foundation for Cell & Gene Medicine:
- RARECast Series: Understanding Cell & Gene Medicine from Four Different Perspectives
- RARE Toolkit: Genetic Testing: Is This my Path to Diagnosis?
- RARE Webinar: Understanding Gene Therapy
- Rare University Course: Genetics Concepts for Rare Disease Patients and Families
- Gene Therapies: Gene Therapy Resources
- Cell & Gene Therapy for Rare Disease Clinical Trials FAQ
- Global Genes LIVE Session: Is Gene Therapy Right for Your Disease?:
As scientists race toward potentially curative therapies, we feel encouraged and inspired to engage and inform patients, advocacy group leaders, caregivers and other stakeholders about cell and gene medicine. We hope that these tools will inspire confidence in your knowledge of cell & gene medicine and help to create a more informed rare disease community.